AC Attendees:

Sebastian Bellagamba (SB), Chair
Alan Barrett (AB), Co-Chair
Sanford H. George (SHG)
Hartmut Glaser (HG)
Hans Petter Holen (HPH), Co-Chair
Jean Robert Hountomey (JRH)
Dr. Kenny S. Huang (KH)
HJ Kwon (HJK)
Louis Lee (LL)
Francisco Obispo (FO)
Mao Wei (MW) Wilfried Woeber (WW)

Secretariat:

Raymond Plzak (RP), Secretary (ARIN)
Therese Colosi, Recording Secretary (ARIN)

Observers:

Save Vocea (SV) – APNIC
Raimundo Beca (RB) – ICANN
Bart Boswinkel (BB) – ICANN
David Conrad (DC) – ICANN
Olof Nordling (ON) – ICANN
David Wodelet (DW) – ICANN
German Valdez (GV) – LACNIC
Axel Pawlik (AP) – RIPE
Filiz Yilmaz (FY) – RIPE

Apologies:

Sabine Jaume
Martin Hannigan
Sylvia Geha Kezengwa

Draft Agenda:

  1. Welcome
  2. Agenda Review
  3. Approval of the Minutes
  4. IPv6 Global Policy
  5. Post-Election Actions by the SEC
  6. Any Other Business
  7. Adjournment

1) Welcome

The Chair called the meeting to order at 22:10 UTC. The presence of a quorum was noted. The Chair welcomed Dave Wodelet from ICANN as a newly elected member and observer on this call, and Filiz Yilmaz as an observer from RIPE.

2) Agenda Review

The Chair called for any comments on the agenda. There were no comments.

3) Approval of the Minutes of May 3, 2006

AB moved that:

“The ASO AC approves the Minutes of May 3, 2006 as written.”

This was seconded by AB.  Chair called for any objections.  There were no objections. The motion carried unanimously.

4) IPv6 Global Policy

During the NRO EC’s last meeting on May 31, 2006, the EC approved the IPv6 Global Policy and forwarded it to the ASO AC for action as defined in the ASO MOU, Annex A.

The Chair stated that the ASO AC’s procedural document had not yet been ratified by the NRO EC, but suggested it be followed for moving the policy forward.  The Chair called for any objections to this suggestion. There were no objections.

The Chair briefed the Council on the status of the work, completed thus far, on the steps taken with the policy. He stated that each region needed to submit a report on: 1) whether the policy procedure had been followed in their region and, 2) that all significant viewpoints of the policy were considered in each region to the Council’s list. He further stated that Francisco Obispo had submitted the report from the LACNIC region during the meeting in Istanbul, but no other reports had been received.  It was noted that LACNIC’s report needed more work, but that it was a good model of the type of report that was needed. The Chair reviewed the lead people in charge of the reports from their respective regions: Alan Barrett of AfriNIC, Kenny Huang of APNIC, Louie Lee of ARIN, and Hans Petter Holen of RIPE.

The Chair stated that, per the AC’s procedural document, the Council had 60 days (August 5, 2006) to submit the policy to the ICANN Board.  He felt this could be done before the 60 days period, and action could be taken at the next ASO AC teleconference next month. LL suggested the letter to ICANN could be drafted simultaneously so it could also be discussed at that meeting.  All agreed.

The Chair suggested the Council take 15 days to submit their reports to the list; one week to discuss them on the list; and, one week to discuss the draft letter to ICANN.   He then called for volunteer to draft the letter to ICANN. AB suggested that the volunteer not be one of the 5 lead people who are drafting the regional reports. All agreed, however LL volunteered to draft the letter if no one else would, and requested the Chair let him know within the next week if he needed to draft the letter.  The Chair agreed.  The Chair stated the AC would vote on the policy at their next meeting

It was noted at this time that Axel Pawlik was disconnected from the call (22:23 UTC).

5) Post-Election Actions by the SEC

At the last ASO AC meeting, the following items were tasked and the Chair called for the SEC to provide the status of each task.

A. SEC to send a notification of the election via e-mail to the SEC of ICANN, and provide a hard copy if needed.  The SEC stated he had sent the notice to the Chairman of Board of ICANN, and the President of ICANN, as the SEC of ICANN was not listed on website.

B. Chair to ask Dave Wodelet to confirm that he accepts the position on the ICANN Board.  The Chair confirmed this was done, as DW was participating on this call.

C. SHG to communicate to the losing nominees directly. SHG stated this had been done.

D. RB to ask Vint Cerf to invite Dave Wodelet to the ICANN Board retreat planned for 18 to 20 May, 2006 in Los Angeles, California, and asked the Chair to relay the information to Dave.  The Chair stated this had been done and asked DW how the meeting went. DW stated it went very well and it was great to meet the Board. He felt that meeting the Board in advance of his taking position was a very good idea.

6) Any Other Business

The Chair called for any other business. There was no other business.

7) Adjournment

The Chair entertained a motion to adjourn at 22:28 UTC.  HG moved to adjourn and this was seconded by LL. The motion carried unanimously.