ASO AC Teleconference 7 July 2004
Louis Lee (LL)
Hartmut Glaser (HG)
Hans Petter Holen (HPH)
Wilfried Woeber (WW)
Sabine Jaume (SJ)
Barbara Roseman (BR), ICANN
Raimundo Beca (RB), ICANN Board of Directors Member
Ray Plzak (RP), ARIN
Richard Jimmerson (RJ), ARIN Anne Lord (AL), APNIC
Paul Rendek (PR), RIPE NCC
Sabine Mader (SM), RIPE NCC (ASO Secretariat/Minutes)
- Welcome and roll call for the Address Council
- Apologies received
- Agenda bashing
- Minutes from 5 May,2004 AC Teleconference
- Status of open actions
- Status update on the NRO
- Report from ARIN Regional Meeting, Tanzania
- Any other business (AOB)
1. Welcome and roll call for the Address Council
2. Apologies received
- Eric Decker
- Kenny S. Huang
- Takashi Arano
- Hyun-Joon Kwon
As a quorum consisting of 6 members of the AC was not reached by 2115 UTC, HG proposed to postpone the meeting.
It was agreed that another teleconference would be scheduled by e-mail.
The meeting was adjourned at 2118 (UTC)
Open Action item list (remains the same as per the 6 May 2004 ASO AC Teleconference)
- Action #0401-04 (Chair)
- Update and re-distribute the AC Workplan 2004.
- Action #0401-05 All
- Discuss role of AC in policy making process in preparation for March teleconference..
- Action #0401-07 Sec
- Update ASO website. OPEN, will be done by the Chair together with the ASO secretariat
RB was asked to send his corrections to the Chair who will work together with the ASO secretariat to update the website.
The Chair and the ASO secretariat will make sure that the AC will be kept up to date with the nomination process.
- Action #0403-01 SEC
- To publish the final minutes of the AC meeting held on 21 Jan 2004 on the ASO website
- Action #0403-02 SEC
- To set up the nominations information and support pages on the ASO web pages.
- Action #0403-03 CHAIR
- To check if a time line for the agenda for the ASO GA is applicable
- Action #0403-04 CHAIR
- To draft note to ICANN about AC involvement in ASO reform process.
New Action item list:
- Action #0405-01 SEC
- To publish the final minutes of the AC meeting held on 10 March 2004 on the ASO website
- Action #0405-02 Chair AC/SEC
- To inform the Nomination Committee about the candidate appointed by the AC
- Action #0405-03 Chair/Sec
- The AC directs the Chair and the ASO secretariat to inform ICANN that RB has been elected by the AC by consensus to fill the board position on the ICANN BoD currently held by Lyman Chapin.
- Action #0405-04 Chair/Sec
- The AC directs the Chair to notify RB and Lyman Chapin of its consensus decision. In addition the Chair will offer Lyman Chapin the opportunity to be the nominee of the AC to the Nom Com as candidate for ICANN’s Board.
Shelf list (items pending action outside the ASO AC):
- Action #0307-03 SEC
- Secretariat to investigate technical solutions for conducting e-voting. Once a proposal is made, then the AC can test it and make a decision as to whether to proceed. This action will be held open until there is a new MoU.
Last modified on 02/07/2020