In line with the ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO) Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and the ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) has issued a call for nominations for Seat 10 of the ICANN Board of Directors.
The selected candidate will serve for a three-year term, which will begin at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Assembly during the ICANN 66 Meeting, scheduled from 2-7 November 2019 in Montréal, Canada.
All nominated candidates must meet the selection criteria and conflict of interest requirements as outlined in Article 7 of the ICANN Bylaws. The nominated candidates will undergo a due diligence review by an independent ICANN contractor.
Community members are invited to submit nominations by email to nominations [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org by Friday, 30 November 2018 at 23:59 UTC.
Nominations must include the following information:
- The full name of the person being nominated.
- Contact email address of the person being nominated.
- Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated.
- The full name of the person making the nomination.
- Contact email address for the person making the nomination.
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination.
The ICANN Bylaws state that the Directors selected by a Supporting Organization (SO) for its assigned Board seat(s) cannot reside in the same geographic region (see Section 7.2:c). The current ASO AC selection for Seat 9, Ron da Silva, resides in the ARIN region. Therefore, no nominations for Seat 10 can be accepted from candidates residing in the ARIN region.
- Nomination Phase: 15 September 2018 – 30 November 2018
- Comment Phase: 1 December 2018 – 15 January 2019
- ICANN Due Diligence for nominated candidates: 1 – 15 January 2019
- Interview Phase: 1 – 28 February 2019
- Selection Phase (deliberation): 1 February 2019 – 14 March 2019
- Selection Phase (voting): 15 – 21 March 2019
- Announcement of selected candidate: around 22 March 2019
- More information and updated announcements will be added to this page as soon as it becomes available.
- Detailed procedures for election of individuals to the ICANN Board of Directors by the ASO AC can be found in Section 9 of the ASO AC Operating Procedures.
If you have any questions about the elections or the election process, please contact secretariat [at] nro [dot] net.