In line with the ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO) Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and the ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is calling for nominations to Seat 9 of the ICANN Board of Directors.
The selected candidate will serve for a three-year term, which will begin at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Assembly during the ICANN 63 meeting. ICANN 63 is currently scheduled for October 20-26, 2018, in Barcelona, Spain.
All nominated candidates must meet the selection criteria and conflict of interest requirements as outlined in Article 7 of the ICANN Bylaws. The selected candidate will undergo an independent due diligence review by an ICANN contractor, and announcement of the candidate will follow once this review has been successfully completed.
Community members are invited to submit nominations by email to nominations [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org by Sunday,17 December 2017 at 23:59 UTC.
Nominations must include the following information:
- The full name of the person being nominated
- Contact email address for the person being nominated
- Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
- The full name of the person making the nomination
- Contact email address for the person making the nomination
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The ICANN Bylaws state that the directors selected by a Supporting Organization (SO) for its assigned Board seat(s) cannot reside in the same geographic region (see Section 7.2:c). The current ASO AC selection for Seat 10, Akinori Maemura, resides in the APNIC region. Therefore, no nominations for Seat 9 will be accepted from candidates residing in the APNIC region.
Nomination Phase: 2 October 2017 – 17 December 2017
Comment Phase: 18 December 2017 – 18 March 2018
Interview Phase: 17 January 2018 – 18 March 2018
Selection Phase: 19 March 2018 – 18 April 2018
Due Diligence Review: 19 April 2018 – 17 May 2018
Announcement: Around 19 May 2018
- For further information and updated announcements on the election process see the dedicated 2017 ICANN Board Election page here.
- Detailed procedures for election of individuals to the ICANN Board of Directors by the ASO AC can be found in Section 9 of the ASO AC Operating Procedures.
If you have any questions about the elections or the election process, please contact secretariat [at] nro [dot] net.