In line with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and the ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is calling for nominations for Seat 9 on the ICANN Board of Directors.
The selected candidate will serve for a three-year term, which will begin at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Assembly to be held during the ICANN 81 Meeting, scheduled to be held in November 2024.
All nominated candidates must meet the selection criteria and conflict of interest requirements as outlined in Articles 7.3, 7.4 and 7.6 of the ICANN Bylaws and will undergo a due diligence review by an independent ICANN contractor.
Community members are invited to submit their nominations by email to board-nominations [at] aso [dot] icann [dot]org by Friday, 15 December 2023 at 23:59 UTC.
Nominations must include the following information:
– Full name of the person being nominated
– Contact email address of the person being nominated
– Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
– Full name of the person making the nomination
– Contact email address of the person making the nomination
– Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The ICANN Bylaws state that no two directors selected by a Supporting Organization can reside in the same geographic region. The current ASO AC selection for Seat 10, Christian Kaufmann, resides in the RIPE NCC region. Therefore, nominations for Seat 9 will not be accepted from candidates residing in the RIPE NCC region.
– Nomination Phase: 15 September 2023 – 15 December 2023
– Comments Phase: 30 December 2023 – 29 January 2024
– Interview Phase: 29 January 2024 –29 March 2024
– Selection Phase (deliberation): 30 March – 29 April 2024
– Selection Phase (voting): 30 April – 7 May 2024
– Announcement of selected candidate: around 14 May 2024
Additional information and updated announcements will be added to the dedicated 2024 Seat 9 election page on the ASO website.
Detailed procedures for election of individuals to the ICANN Board of Directors by the ASO AC can be found in Section 9 of the ASO AC Operating Procedures.
If you have any questions about the elections or the election process, please contact secretariat [at] nro [dot] net.
– Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC): <https://aso.icann.org/aso-ac/>
– ASO Memorandum of Understanding: <https://aso.icann.org/documents/memorandums-of-understanding/>
– ICANN Bylaws: <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en>
– 2024 ICANN Seat 9 Election on the ASO Website <https://aso.icann.org/icann-board/icann-board-elections/2024-icann-board-of-directors-seat-9-election/>
Last modified on 15/09/2023