ICANN’s Nominating Committee (NomCom) is responsible for the selection of eight ICANN Board Members, two directors of the Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) and for other selections as are set forth in the Bylaws (see Article 8, Section 8.1).
The NomCom is also charged with appointing some members of the ALAC, ccNSO Council and the GNSO Council. The NomCom complements the other means for filling a portion of key ICANN leadership positions achieved within the SOs and ACs.
As per the ICANN Bylaws (Article 8, Section 8.2), the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is pleased to invite nominations for candidates from the “Internet Numbers Community” to run for an open seat on the ICANN NomCom 2020 as delegate of the ASO.
The term for the selected delegate will be one year starting in ICANN 66 in Montreal, Canada, in November 2019 (see Article 8, Section 8.3 for term limits).
All ICANN Bylaws described above can be found here.
Time Commitment for the ASO NomCom Representative
- The person should be able to join monthly teleconferences (typically 15:00 or 16:00 UTC). Note that the committee’s workload
will increase significantly during Apr/May/June 2020 when the candidate assessment process will be at its busiest. Conference calls are held more frequently (typically weekly and the duration of the calls may last up to 3 hours) during this time.
- The person should be able to join (in person), three ICANN (66, 67 and 68) meetings and an intersessional meeting (location decided by NomCom 2020). Travel support for all meetings is provided by ICANN.
- The person must be able to attend the NomCom selection meeting in late June 2020 during ICANN 68.
The ICANN NomCom has a set of guidelines and procedural documents for reference that provide additional information about the work of the NomCom.
Deadlines and Important Dates
The ASO AC will be responsible for the selection of the delegate based on the following timeline:
- Announcement of call for nominations for 2020 ICANN NomCom: 5 July 2019
- Nomination period ends: 28 July 2019
- Evaluation of nominations by the ASO AC: 28 July – 7 August 2019
- Voting period by the ASO AC: 7 August – 14 August 2019
- Announcement of selected delegate: 15 August 2019
All nominations should be sent to secretariat [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org by 28 July 2019 23:59 UTC.