As outlined in the ICANN – ASO MoU, the ASO AC:
- Oversees the Global Policy Development Process (GPDP).
- Provides recommendations to the ICANN Board of Directors concerning the recognition of new RIRs.
- Defines procedures to appoint Directors to serve in the ASO’s two seats (Seat 9 and Seat 10) on the ICANN Board of Directors and to serve on other ICANN bodies.
- Provides advice to the ICANN Board of Directors on Internet number resource allocation policy, in conjunction with the RIRs.
- Develops procedures for conducting business in support of their responsibilities, in particular for the appointment of an ASO AC Chair and definition of the Chair’s responsibilities.
Last modified on 04/04/2020