ASO AC Work Plan for 2016
1. Appointment of Chair/Vice Chairs.
Early in January start the electronic vote for the Chair position for the current year according to timetable agreed on December 2015 meeting.
At February meeting, confirm the election result and have the Chair to appoint the two Vice Chairs for the current year.
2. Policy Proposal Facilitator Teams (PPFT)
In January meeting, organize one PPFT and appoint its members to be on stand by in case of no GPP in discussion.
Create a new PPFT for each new GPP, as and when new GPPs appear;
3. Set timetable for meetings
The time of the January meeting should have been set during December of the previous year.
In January, set the timetable for other meetings during the year.
Set a place and date for a face to face meeting of the entire ASO AC.
4. Approve work plan
In January, approve the work plan for the year. The work plan should have been drafted by a volunteer selected at the end of the previous year.
5. Continue the appointment process for the ICANN Board seat No. 10
In January, confirm the time frame that was defined during the previous year.
In January, confirm appointment of members to the Qualification review committee (QRC), which should have been defined during previous December meeting. Confirm or re-appoint members Interview Committee (IC);
Conduct reviews and interviews of candidates;
Make the appointment.
6. Appoint members to other ICANN groups as required.
7. Participation and outreach at ICANN Meetings
At every ICANN meeting, plan for attendance by at least one ASO-AC member from every region.
At one ICANN meeting during the year, hold an ASO-AC face to face meeting with attendance by as many ASO-AC members as possible.
At ICANN meetings that coincide with an ASO-AC face to face meetings, hold public meetings for reporting and outreach from the numbers community to other parts of the ICANN community.
Hold discussions with the ICANN Board and other ICANN groups.
8. Participation in RIR Global policy process and tracking of ongoing Global Policy Proposals (GPPs)
As part of the ASO-AC responsabilities, its members should pay attention to policy development processes in various regions via RIRs meetings or mailing lists.
9. Updates to ASO AC Operating Procedures, if needed
10. End of year process for appointing a chair for the following year.
In November, call for nominations, seconds, and expressions of interest;
In December, finalize the list of candidates.
In December, set the timetable for voting. The vote itself will be held early in January of the following year.
11. End of year review of actions performed during the year.
In November, call for a volunteer to prepare a review report for the year that is coming to an end.
In December, consider the work plan review.
12. End of year drafting of work plan for the following year
In November or December, call for a volunteer to draft a work plan for the following year. The work plan should be approved during January of the following year.