The Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is pleased to invite nominations for candidates from the Internet Number community to run for an open seat on the ICANN NomCom 2018 as delegate of the ASO.
The term for the elected delegate will be one year starting in ICANN 60 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates October 28th 2017. Travel and hotel accommodations will be provided by ICANN.
The composition of the NomCom is outlined in Article 8, Section 8.2. Composition of ICANN’s Bylaws: (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en/#article8)
Criteria for the selection of the delegate to the NomCom is provided in Article 8, Section 8.4 of ICANN’s Bylaws (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en/#article8) and include:
- Accomplished persons of integrity, objectivity, and intelligence, with reputations for sound judgment and open minds, and with experience and competence with collegial large group decision-making;
- Persons with wide contacts, broad experience in the Internet community, and a commitment to the success of ICANN;
- Persons whom the selecting body is confident will consult widely and accept input in carrying out their responsibilities;
- Persons who are neutral and objective, without any fixed personal commitments to individuals, organizations, or commercial objectives in carrying out their Nominating Committee responsibilities;
- Persons with an understanding of ICANN’s mission and the potential impact of ICANN’s activities on the broader Internet community who are willing to serve as volunteers, without compensation other than the reimbursement of certain expenses; and
- Persons who are able to work and communicate in written and spoken English.
Additionally the elected person:
– should be able to join monthly teleconferences (typically 15:00 or 16:00 UTC). Note that the committee’s workload will increase significantly during Apr/May/June 2018 when the candidate assessment process will be at its busiest. Conference calls are held more frequently (typically weekly and the duration of the calls may last up to 3 hours) during this time as well.
– must be able to attend the NomCom selection meeting in late June 2018 during ICANN62 in Panama City, Panama.
– should be willing to work in a large, consensus-oriented committee.
The ASO AC will be responsible for the selection of the delegate based on the below timeline
- 17 July 2017 – Announcement of call for nominations for 2018 ICANN NomCom
- 17 July -17 August 2017 – Nomination period. Self nominations are allowed.
- 18 August – 27 August 2017 – Evaluation of nominations by the ASO AC
- 28 August – 5 September – Voting period by the ASO AC
- 7 September Announcement of elected delegate
Nominations must be submitted to the email account nomcom2018 [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org with the following information:
- Full Name:
- Organisation (or Affiliation):
- E-mail address:
- Nominee’s Statement.*
*All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement to explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate.
All nominations should be submitted to nomcom2018 [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org by 23:59 UTC on Thursday 17 August 2017.