In line with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) calls for nominations for Seat Number 10 on the ICANN Board.
The nomination period will close at 23:59 UTC on 10 January 2010.
All candidates must sign a Letter of Certification detailing previous conduct and character. We will send this letter to each applicant along with instructions on what to do next. We are unable to consider candidates who fail to follow these instructions.
Article VI of the ICANN Bylaws states that: “At any given time, no two Directors selected by a Supporting Organization shall be citizens from the same country or of countries located in the same Geographic Region.” The ASO AC selection for Seat 9 of the ICANN Board of Directors resides in the ARIN region, so nominees for Seat 10 cannot reside in the ARIN region.
If the ASO AC decides to conduct face-to-face interviews, candidates may need to travel (once) during March 2010.
We expect all candidates to complete one or more questionnaires. Failure to do this by the advised deadlines may rule them out of the selection process.
Submit nominations by email to nominations2010 [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org including the following information:
- Full name of the person being nominated
- Contact email address for the person being nominated
- Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
- Full name of the person making the nomination
- Contact email address for the person making the nomination
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The full time frame for the selection process is as follows:
- Nomination Phase – 12 November 2009 to 10 January 2010
- Comment Phase – 11 January 2010 to 10 March 2010
- Interview Phase – 10 February 2010 to 10 March 2010
- The deadline for return of written questionnaires is 20 February 2010.
- Face-to-face interviews with selected candidates will take place adjacent to the ICANN meeting in Nairobi, Kenya in March 2010.
- Selection Phase – 10 March 2010 to 24 March 2010
All phases will conclude at 23:59 UTC on the date specified.