Present:

Hans Petter Holen (HPH)
Cathy Wittbrodt (CJW)
Raimundo Beca (RB)
Barbara Roseman (BR)
Wilfried Woeber (WW)
Takashi Arano (TA)
Louis Touton (LT), joined 22:30
Andrew McLaughin (AML), joined 22:30
Hartmut Glaser (HG)
German Valdez (GV)
Ray Plzak (RP)
Richard Jimmerson (RJ)
Mirjam Kuehne (MK)

Apologies:

Sabine Jaume
Jianping Wu
Jorge Plano
Ant Brooks
Paul Wilson

Agenda:

1.  Welcome
2.  Apologies received
3.  Agenda bashing
4.  Minutes from January phone meeting
5.  Status of open actions
6.  RIPE region AC elections (Congratulations, Sabine!)
7.  Election of AC-Chair and co-chairs
8.  Report from the ASO General Assembly Program Committee
9.  Report from open forums
    - RIPE 38
10. Results - AC attendance at upcoming meetings
    APNIC 11, 26 February - 2 March 2001
    ICANN 10 - 13 March 2001
    ARIN VII, 1 - 4 April 2001
    RIPE 39, 30 April - 4 May 2001
    ICANN, 1 - 4 June 2001
11. AOB

1. Welcome

HPH opened meeting at 22:00, noting that there was a quorum of AC
members present. 

2.  Apologies received
The apologies received prior to the telephone conference were noted.

3. Agenda bashing

agenda approved 

4.  Minutes from January phone meeting

The minutes from January telephone conference were approved. The ASO
Secretariat will publish them on the ASO web site. 

5.  Status of open actions

12-3 SEC: Move October workshop minutes to "Other Meetings" on the ASO
          web site
-DONE

12-4 RIRs: Circulate draft resource request procedure document to AC
- IN PROGRESS
  RJ reports that the document as agreed by the three RIRs has 
  been sent to IANA for input. Once it is agreed between IANA and the 
  RIRs, it will be sent to the AC

12-5 RIRs: Write policy and procedure comparison document 
- IN PROGRESS
  RJ and MK report that the RIRs are working hard on it

10-2 SEC:  check operations of aso-council mailing list 
- OPEN
  MK believes it works, no message sent to the list yet.
  HPH will send a test mail. MK will make sure the list is archived and 
  visible on the web site.

HPH:  incorporate changes to AC resolution on Emerging RIR doc, recirculat
e 
      to AC, and send to ICANN
- OPEN

SEC:  Advise successful candidates and ICANN of AC appointments to IRP
      nomcom 
- DONE

GAPC  (General Assembly Program Committee): Start work, elect chair, and
       report back to AC 
- IN PROGRESS
  see agenda point 8. Report from the ASO GA Program Committee

0101-1 PW to include these comments 
- OPEN 
  MK believes this refers to the minutes of the December telephone 
  conference. Will check with PW if all comments sent to him personally 
  have been included in the version published on the ASO web site.

0101-2 SEC to publish December 2000 minutes on ASO site 
- DONE
  (conditional on action 0101-1) 

0101-3 SEC to determine costs for public listening facilities 
- IN PROGRESS
  MK reports that ASO Secretariat is busy negotiating with KPN.
  also see agenda point 9. Report from open forums

0101-4 HPH to forward ARINs mail to ASO AGM program committee 
- DONE

0101-5 ASO GA Program Committee (BR) to send requirements for ASO GA
       to ARIN 
- ONGOING

0101-6 SML to inform the AC about possible AC open forum
       at APNIC meeting in March 2001
- DONE
  TA reports that there will be an open input forum on 1 March in 
  Kuala Lumpur during the APRICOT Meeting to allow the Asian Pacific 
  region to give input to their elected AC members.

0101-7 SEC to check which of the AC members intend to be
       present at the ICANN Meeting in Melbourne and will organise the
       input forum.
- DONE
  see agenda point 10. Results - AC attendance at upcoming meetings

6.  RIPE region AC elections

WW reports from the elections in the RIPE region: There were three
nominees, Sabine Jaume, Francesco Ravanelli and Khaled Moh'd Abu
Mallouh. The elections were conducted by paper ballot, Sabine Jaume
got the majority of votes, it was almost a unanimous vote. 

HPH notes that he contacted the other two cadidates before the
elections and urged them to make themselves known in the
community, but they did not use this opportunity.

WW adds that it is a pleaseure to congratulate Sabine on her three
year term post to the AC, and points out that it is good have
continuity.

7. Election of AC-Chair and co-chairs

WW stresses that he would prefer to do the actual elections during a
face-to-face meeting. 

Decided to do this during the AC meeting in San Francisco on 4 April
2001.  WW proposes to have an informal meeting in addition to a 
formal AC Meeting in San Francisco.

ACTION 0102-3 all AC members to report their travel plans to the
              ASO Secretariat.

ACTION 0102-4 SEC to co-ordinate a formal and an informal AC meeting 
              in San Francisco.

8. Report from the ASO General Assembly Program Committee

BR reports that the ASO GA PC has published a call for
presentations. MK confirms that no proposals have been received by the
ASO Secretariat yet.

WW suggests to ask Paul Mylotte and Tony Holmes to give their
presentation on IPv4 address consumption forecast.
He also spoke to someone from 3GPP in the UK who was interested 
in this topic.
HPH adds that Scott Marcus and other participants made critical
comments to Tony Holmes' presentation, specially related to the
methodology used.

Ray reports from the project the RIRs started: the RIRs are in the
process of jointly collecting extensive address usage statistics. He
hopes to have results to present to the ASO GA in April 2001.

(At this point LT and AML joined the telephone conference.)

TA suggests to introduce the regional open policy forums at the ASO
GA. This was welcomed by HPH. RP offered that the RIRs would prepare
this and present it to the ASO GA.

As specified in the call for presentations, the draft agenda for the
ASO GA will be ready before the next AC telephone conference in March.

9. Report from open forums
   - RIPE 38 

HPH reports from the RIPE 38 meeting. Following a suggestion from Rob
Blokzijl, the RIPE chair, the LIR-WG was split in two parts: one
dedicated to global and one to regional issues. Next time it will be
completely integrated into the LIR-WG and will be an ordinary agenda
point on the LIR-WG agenda. HPH believes it was a very successful
meeting. BR agrees.

During that meeting HPH asked the participants if they would be
interested in public listening facilities for the AC telephone
conferences. Only very few (<5) were interested, another 2-3 people
thought this was not a good idea and no resources should be spent for
that. The majority did not have an opinion.  This should be taken into
account when investigating listening facilities.

WW mentions that this RIPE Meeting was again a good example of
bringing people from different industries together.

TA is planning to report from the other open forums during the input
forum on 1 March in Kuala Lumpur.

ACTION 0102-5 MK: make sure LIR-WG minutes get published on the web
                  and send a pointer to TA

10. Results - AC attendance at upcoming meetings

Most AC members will attend the meting in San Francisco. At all other
meetings at least one or two AC members will be present. WW volunteers
to give an update on ASO operations at the ICANN meeting in Melbourne.

11. AOB 

WW mentions that people expect the AC to publish a list of work items
and target dates. This seems to be a reasonable request, the AC should
do this. However, it is reflected in the action list of the AC.

2 people also suggested that the AC should be more active as focal
point for research on address consumption. The AC should work together
with the RIRs to make sure address usage data is published in raw
format for researchers to work on.

Ray notes that this is exactly what the RIRs are currently working
on. It is work in progress. 

WW asks what the target date for results is.

Ray replies that good progress is being made. The RIRs are agreeing on
common format. Results will be made accessible in the near future.
HG mentions that LacNIC was represented by GV at the RIPE 38
meeting. On 20 April 2001 ARIN will visit the LacNIC offices in Sao
Paulo to look at their facilities. Also APNIC and the RIPE NCC are
invited as observers.

MK thanks him for this invitation. The RIRs will get back to him on this.

HPH closed the meeting at 23:55 UTC

----------
ACTIONS

ACTIONS DONE:
12-3 SEC: Move October workshop minutes to "Other Meetings" on the ASO
          web site
SEC: Advice successful candidates and ICANN, of AC appointments
     to IRP nomcom 
GAPC (General Assembly Program Committee): Start work, elect chair, and
     report back to AC 
0101-4 HPH: forward ARINs mail to ASO AGM program committee 
0101-6 SML to inform the AC about possible AC open forum
       at APNIC meeting in March
0101-7 SEC to check which of the AC members intend to be
       present at the ICANN Meeting in Melbourne and will organise the
       input forum.

New ACTIONS:

12-4 RIRs/IANA: Circulate draft resource request procedure doc. to AC
0102-1 SEC: publish January telephone conference minutes
0102-2 SEC: check with PW if all comments sent to him personally have
            been incorporated in the December telephone conference 
            minutes published on the ASO web site
0102-3 all: AC members to report their travel plans to the
            ASO Secretariat.
0102-4 SEC: to co-ordinate a formal and an informal AC meeting 
            in San Francisco.
0102-5 MK:  make sure LIR-WG minutes get published on the web
            and send a pointer to TA

Complete list of ACTIONS:

12-4 RIRs/IANA: Circulate draft resource request procedure doc. to AC
12-5 RIRs: Write policy and procedure comparison document 
10-2 SEC:  check operations of aso-council mailing list 
HPH:  incorporate changes to AC resolution on Emerging RIR doc, recirculat
e 
      to AC, and send to ICANN
0101-3 SEC: to determine costs for public listening facilities 
0101-5 GAPC (BR): to send requirements for ASO AGM 
            to ARIN 
0102-1 SEC: publish minutes from January telephone conference on ASO
            web site
0102-2 SEC: check with PW if all comments sent to him personally have
            been incorporated in the December telephone conference 
            minutes published on the ASO web site
0102-3 all: AC members to report their travel plans to the
            ASO Secretariat.
0102-4 SEC: to co-ordinate a formal and an informal AC meeting 
            in San Francisco.
0102-5 MK:  make sure LIR-WG minutes get published on the web
            and send a pointer to TA