AC Attendees:

Raimundo Beca (RB)
Eric Decker (ED)
Julian Dunayevich (JD)
Hartmut Glaser (HG)
Hans Petter Holen (HH)
Sabine Jaume (SJ)
Seung-Min Lee (SL)

Listener/Observers:

none

ARIN:

Richard Jimmerson (RJ)

LACNIC:

Raul Echeberria (RE)

RIPE NCC:

none

APNIC:

Anne Lord, ASO Secretariat (SEC-AL)
Gerard Ross, ASO Secretariat (SEC-GR)

ICANN:

none

Agenda

  1. Welcome
  2. Apologies received
  3. Agenda bashing
  4. Minutes from 2 July 2003, AC Teleconference
  5. Status of open actions
  6. AC Election process documentation – final review
  7. Next AC teleconference – public session at RIPE meeting?
  8. Any other business (AOB)

    1. Welcome

HH, acting as Chair, opened the meeting at 21:00 UTC.

    1. Apologies received

Apologies were received from: Kim Hubbard and Mark McFadden.

Absent: Takashi Arano, Kenny Huang, and Wilfried Woeber.

    1. Agenda bashing

      • Required amendments to the ASO web site
      • ICANN BoD election process document
      • ICANN request for comments regarding new sponsored TLDs

The Chair reviewed the draft agenda and asked if there were any additions or amendments.

The following items were added to the agenda:

    1. Minutes from 2 July 2003, AC Teleconference

The Chair noted that the minutes had been circulated.

HG moved to approve the minutes from 2 July 2003. This was seconded by SJ. There were no objections. The motion to publish the minutes passed.

Action #0308-01 SEC
Secretariat to publish final minutes from 2 July 2003.

    1. Status of open actions

      • n/a

The Chair provided a summary of open action items.

Open action item list

Action #0305-02 SEC
Secretariat to include discussion of the AC Election process document in the agenda of the August AC meeting. Done
Action #0305-03 SEC
(Updated) Secretariat to include discussion of the ICANN BoD election process document in the agenda of the August AC meeting. This was included in the AOB for this meeting, but was again deferred to the September teleconference. Open
Action #0305-04 SEC
Secretariat to include discussion of the 2003 Roadmap document in the agenda of the August AC meeting. Done
Action #0307-01 CHAIR, SEC
Secretariat to publish final minutes from 4 June 2003. Done
Action #0307-02 SEC
Secretariat to publish final minutes from the 4th ASO GA. Done
Action #0307-03 SEC
Secretariat to investigate technical solutions for conducting e-voting. Once a proposal is made, then the AC can test it and make a decision as to whether to proceed. Open
Action #0307-04 CHAIR
Chair to produce and circulate a table of local times for the August meeting. Done

Shelf list (items pending action outside the ASO AC)

    1. AC Election process documentation – final review

HG noted that this document had now been discussed and finalised. ED moved that the document be accepted as final. This motion was unanimously passed.

    1. Next AC teleconference – public session at RIPE meeting?

It has been proposed to hold the next meeting during the RIPE meeting, partly face to face, and partly by teleconference. It has also been proposed to hold an open meeting.

HG moved maintaining the currently scheduled date for the AC meeting. He also noted that before the AC can approve the proposal to hold an open meeting they will need input from the RIPE people regarding space on the agenda and an available room.

HH noted that the RIPE agenda will be different now due to the split of the LIR WG into the two new working groups.

HH noted that the AC election is normally held during the plenary.

HH noted that the goal of the open ASO meeting is for the AC to meet with the public and discuss matters of mutual interest. HG noted that MM is willing to prepare a draft agenda if this meeting is approved.

It was noted that these open meetings have been held previously at other RIR meetings, including the Santiago LACNIC meeting. AL noted that one had been held at the Taipei APNIC meeting but was poorly attended. Now APNIC structures AC reports into the APNIC Member Meeting.

It was agreed to try to schedule the informal open meeting for Wednesday 3 September at 5.30 pm.

Action #0308-02 HH
HH to contact RIPE NCC to request time to be set aside for the open AC meeting on the RIPE agenda. HH to also request a room for the regular AC meeting.

    1. Any other business (AOB)

Amendments to the ASO web site

The Secretariat is currently undertaking amendments to the ASO website to update the information regarding the new supporting organizations.

The AC also approved the Secretariat’s proposal to publish the latest version of the RIR policy comparison matrix.

ICANN BoD election process document

This document has been available on the ASO web site for nearly two months. There have been no comments received from the public.

It was decided to defer further discussion of this to the September meeting as it appears that the AC members are not prepared to properly discuss the document at this stage.

The action item Action #0305-03 SEC will be updated to reflect this decision.

ICANN request for comments regarding new sponsored TLDs

HH invited comments from the AC members, but it was generally agreed that this issue is outside the AC’s sphere of interest.

Other discussion

HG requested that when the Secretariat circulates the agenda for the upcoming meetings they provide clearer reference to the documents to be discussed. It was decided that the draft agendas should provide links to the document drafts.

[Meeting closed 21:50]


Open action item list

Action #0305-03 SEC
(Updated) Secretariat to include discussion of the ICANN BoD election process document in the agenda of the August AC meeting. This was included in the AOB for this meeting, but was again deferred to the September teleconference. Open
Action #0307-03 SEC
Secretariat to investigate technical solutions for conducting e-voting. Once a proposal is made, then the AC can test it and make a decision as to whether to proceed. Open
Action #0308-01 SEC
Secretariat to publish final minutes from 2 July 2003. Open
Action #0308-02 HH
HH to contact RIPE NCC to request time to be set aside for the open AC meeting on the RIPE agenda. HH to also request a room for the regular AC meeting. Open

Shelf list (items pending action outside the ASO AC)

  • n/a