AC Attendees:

Sebastian Bellagamba (SB), Chair
Alan Barrett, (AB), Co-Chair
Hans Petter Holen (HPH), Co-Chair
Sanford H. George (SHG)
Hartmut Glaser (HG)
Martin Hannigan (MH)
Dr. Kenny S. Huang (KH)
Sabine Jaume (SJ)
Hyun-Joon Kwon (HJK)
Louis Lee (LL)
Francisco Obispo (FO)
Mao Wei  (MW)
Wilfried Woeber (WW)

Secretariat:

Raymond Plzak, Secretary (ARIN)
Therese Colosi, Recording Secretary (ARIN)

Observers:

Adiel Akplogan – AfriNIC
Save Vocea – APNIC
Paul Wilson – APNIC
Richard Jimmerson, (RJ) – ARIN
Ray Plzak (RP)  – ARIN
Raimundo Beca – ICANN
Olof Nordling (ON) – ICANN
Raul Echeberria – LACNIC
German Valdez – LACNIC
Axel Pawlik – RIPE

Absent:

Jean Robert Hountomey
Sylvia Geha Kezengwa

Draft Agenda:

  1. Welcome
  2. Agenda Review
  3. Approval of the Minutes
  4. ASO AC Procedures
  5. SEC Actions
  6. Communications with NRO EC
  7. ASO AC Website
  8. Review of Candidates for the ICANN Board
  9. Any Other Business
  10. Adjournment

1) Welcome

The Chair called the meeting to order at 22:07 UTC. The presence of a quorum was noted.

2) Agenda Review

The Chair called for any comments.  SJ suggested discussing meeting times in Istanbul during the RIPE meeting. The Chair added this as Item 9 a. under any other business.

MH moved to table Item 4, ASO AC Procedures, until the meeting in Istanbul.

This was seconded by AB. Motion carried unanimously via roll call.

3) Approval of the Minutes of February 1, 2006

HG moved that:

“The ASO AC approves the Minutes of February 1, 2006 as written.”

This was seconded by KH.  The motion carried unanimously.

4) ASO AC Procedures

Tabled until the ASO AC meeting in Istanbul.

5) SEC Actions.

Identify ICANN Staff Observers. (Action 0601-01) RP stated he has not received a response from Paul Twomey at this point and he will try to contact him again.

6) Communications with the NRO EC

A. ASO AC New Members Welcoming Procedure (Action#0511-05). RP explained that the NRO EC approved this procedure with a few minor edits.

B. ASO AC Operating Procedures (Action #050710-5). RP explained that the NRO EC approved this procedure with a few minor edits.

C. Procedure to Select ICANN Board Member (Action 0601-02).  RP explained that this procedure was approved for use for this year only. Since this is a legacy procedure, the EC will provide the ASO AC with guidance on rewriting this procedure. He stated the EC appointed a committee for this purpose and the ASO AC could expect some guidance within the next 2 months.

D. ASO AC Chair Selection Procedure. Since this is a legacy procedure, the EC will provide the ASO AC with guidance on rewriting this procedure. He stated the EC appointed a committee for this purpose and the ASO AC could expect some guidance within the next 2 months

WW asked if there was any way it could be ready in time for the meeting in Istanbul. RP replied that that depended upon the ability of the EC to meet before then, but that he would look into it.

HPH stated that he had wanted to make sure the ASO AC had policy in place to conduct the election this year, but recognized the need for the revisions; and felt these were wise decisions from the EC.

7) ASO AC Website (Action#0512-01)

LL stated that he and RP will be meeting this week to identify the scope of work needing to be done and will send an update to the list.

8) Review of Candidates for the ICANN Board

The Chair stated there is a committee handling the nominations. MH stated he had a matrix of the current nominees to send to the Council.

RJ explained that historically, last time ARIN was the SEC for the ASO AC, the Council had requested waiting until the nomination period closed before publishing the list of nominees so that each nominee had equal time on the website for people to comment on them.

WW stated there were two issues at hand: 1) formal publication of final list of nominees, agreeing with what RJ had presented; and, 2) the ASO internally should review all nominations as soon as possible.  Discussion ensued on whether to publish the list as early as possible on the website or to wait. After discussion,

AB moved that:

“Each nominee be required to confirm that they accept the nomination before their names are published, and the names should be published as soon as possible thereafter.”

This was seconded by MH.  The motion carried with 10 in favor and 3 abstentions (SB, LL, WW) via roll call.

9) Any Other Business

A. Meeting time for a one day workshop in Istanbul during the RIPE meeting and an ASO AC face to face meeting. After brief discussion, the Chair stated what the parameters of coordinating these meetings were in order to determine what amount of time was needed to conduct business, and which AC members would be in Istanbul.  He suggested: 1) each member sending their availability for week of the RIPE meeting to the list for comparison of schedules; 2) having an agenda set to know how much time would be needed: and,  3) contacting RIPE to coordinate the RIPE schedule and the ASO AC meeting schedules.

WW requested that each member begin with Saturday April 22 as the first day of availability to see if the AC could possibly meet the weekend before the RIPE meeting. The Chair agreed.

The Chair stated that the Council needed to be a polite guest to RIPE and not overlap any AC member from RIPE possibly missing a part of their own RIR meeting. He stated he would draft an agenda and send it to the AC’s list for comment, and needed the availability for each member as well.

The Chair called for any other business.

B. ON stated that he sent an updated background progress report of the Global v6 Policy Proposal to the AC’s list, and would appreciate comments via e-mail by Monday next week for posting Tuesday.

10) Adjournment

The Chair entertained a motion to adjourn at 23:07 UTC.  HG moved to adjourn, and this was seconded by SJ. The motion carried unanimously.