Draft Agenda

1. Welcome
2. Apologies received
3. Agenda bashing
4. Minutes from 5 September AC telephone conference
5. Status of open actions
6. Report from Policy Meetings
   - RIPE 40 Meeting, 1 - 5 October, Prague
   - ARIN IX Meeting, 28 - 31 October, Miami
7. Welcome the new AC members 
   - Kenny Huang (APNIC region)
   - Eric Decker (ARIN region)
   - Hans Petter Holen (RIPE region)
8. Report from ICANN Meeting in Montevideo
9. Preparation for ICANN Meeting, 12 - 15 November, Marina Del Rey
10. New ICANN IDN Committee
11. AC Chair Selection Procedure
12. AC attendance at upcoming meetings
    - ICANN,  12 - 15 November, Marina Del Rey
    - LACNIC, 28 November, Sao Paulo
    - IETF,   09 - 14 December, Salt Lake City
13. AC Physical meeting
14. AOB
    - spam mail on ac-coord [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org

1. Welcome

HPH opened the meeting at 22:00 UTC and welcomed all participants

2. Apologies received

apologies received from CJW and TA

3. Agenda bashing

4. Minutes from 5 September 2001 AC telephone conference

approved

ACTION 0111-01 SEC: publish September AC minutes on the web

5. Status of open actions
6. Report from Policy Meetings
   - RIPE 40 Meeting, 1 - 5 October, Prague

HPH reports from important highlights: 

ACTION 0111-02 SEC: send mail that was sent to ripe-list also to 
               the AC list

   - ARIN IX Meeting, 28 - 31 October, Miami

RJ provides a  summary of the meeting:
- IPv6 discussion
- exchange points
- re-assignment size
- allow ISPs to assign /24s to their multihomed downstream customers
- PI assignments (no support at all)
- single organisation with  multiple aggregation point
  (support to have this under one account  - similar to MIR proposal)
- support to provide whois data similar to RIPE NCC and APNIC
  (one additional caviate: they would ahve to sih

HG mentions that they had very fruitful discussions with ARIN at
the ARIN meeting. They are grateful for the support they get from ARIN.

7. Welcome the new AC members 
   - Kenny Huang (APNIC region)
   - Eric Decker (ARIN region)
   - Hans Petter Holen (RIPE region)

8. Report from ICANN Meeting in Montevideo

WW gave a report from the AC, was asked that the RIRs give a
presentation on IPv6 to the GAC. this will be organised for one of the
future GAC meetings.

9. Preparation for ICANN Meeting, 12 - 15 November, Marina Del Rey

no room for AC report

10. New ICANN IDN Committee

HPH received mail from Stuart Lynn and has passed it on to the
aso-council list. Actual nominations will be further discussed on the
mailing list.  AC members will send suggestions to the list before
Friday, 9 November 2001.

11. AC Chair Selection Procedure

HPH: document published to ac-coord list, will be concluded on the 
mailing list

12. AC attendance at upcoming meetings
    - ICANN,  12 - 15 November, Marina Del Rey
    - LACNIC, 28 November, Sao Paulo
    - IETF,   09 - 14 December, Salt Lake City

only a few AC members at each of these meetings.

13. AC Physical meeting

HPH: no possibility to have a physical meeting during this year. 
anybody wants to have a mtg before the ASO GA?

BR: sufficient to have a physical mtg at the ASO GA

JC: suggests to have another physical mtg/workshop in conjunction with
the ASO GA in March

ACTION 0111-03 SEC: send mail to ac-list to discuss the details of
               ASO GA March 2002 meeting 

14. AOB
    - spam mails on ac-coord

ACTION 0111-04 SEC: moderate list, double check why spam is sent to
the list.

MK: taken the liberty to send mail to Ken Fockler and Lyman Chapin on
behalf of the ASO and the AC (to thank and to welcome)

ACTION 0111-05 SEC: send pointers to IPv4 utilisation statistics to AC

HG asks about the election procedure.
HPH explains that this will be discussed at first ac meeting in 
January. and since the current chair will still be on the AC,
he can chair the January meeting.

meeting adjourned at 23:00 UTC

ACTIONS
-------

12-4 RIRs/IANA: Circulate draft resource request procedure document to
     the AC
- OPEN

AL: APNIC circulated comments to the RIRs

WW: dropped out

0101-3 SEC: determine costs for public listening facilities (low
       priority)
- OPEN

recording the call could be reasonable if not too expensive
people confirm that this should not be a problem

This particular action item is CLOSED.

0111-01 SEC: find new teleconf bridge with some recording facilities
to make available on the Internet

0105-7 SEC: to compile a list of attendees of upcoming meetings for
       2001/2002 (long-term action)
- IN PROGRESS (not yet received input from all AC members)

conclusion: not everybody in the same place, lets try again for 2002

0105-8 SEC: to co-ordinate with the RIRs to decide when the next ASO
       GA will take place
- DONE (March 2002 in conjunction with the APNIC meeting in Bangkok)

AL: provisional date set for 5 March 2002, two sessions 16:00 -
17:30 & 18:00 - 19:00

no objections, ASO GA will be organised for 5 March

0106-3 all AC members: discuss how to divide AC chair tasks
- OPEN

HPH suggests to discuss this further when a new AC chair is elected in
January. agreed

0106-7 HPH and BR: to draft a presentation for Vint Cerf and the ICANN
       board. Send it to the AC for review. Then Vint can decide if he
       thinks this would be useful to show to the Board
- OPEN

table this until ICANN is concerned with other issued than DNS security

0107-2 BR to organise the formation of a committee (all three RIRs plu
s 
       1 AC member per region) to co-ordinate the documentation of
       global policy
- CLOSED

0107-3 HPH to draft message of intent describing the timeframe and
       further process for regional discussions regarding the
       documentation of global policy
- OPEN

HPH: intention to announce process to replace rfc2050

BR: this action has been superceeded by the establishment of WGs and
mailing lists in the regions. suggests to close this action point.
agreed
- CLOSED

0107-7 ALL: answer to LACNIC by 20th of July regarding meeting time
       preferences
- overtaken by events, dates for LACNIC Mtg. changed
  new action needed to inform LACNIC if AC members are going to 
  attend LACNIC meeting 
-CLOSED

there will also be an AfriNIC/AfriNIC board mtg. in January in Cairo

0107-11 AC devise procedure for ICANN Board member selection in a 
        subcommittee (1. collect ideas and proposals, 2. write draft,
        3. adapt results in a face to face meeting)
- OPEN

0109-1 SEC: to publish final version of July minutes
- DONE

0109-2 RIRs: to announce RIR stats to ICANN and other appropriate 
       lists
- DONE

0111-02 SEC: send mail that was sent to ripe-list also to 
        the AC list

0111-03 SEC: send mail to ac-list to discuss the details of
        ASO GA March 2002 meeting 

0109-3 CJW: to discuss additional text suggested by WW and incorporate
it in the proposed 'Process for AC chair nomination and
       election'
- DONE

0109-4 HPH: to send a message to ac-coord with list of global policy
       and/or procedure documents that need to be written, including
       deadlines (in co-ordination with the RIRs).
- DONE

0109-5 AC: to continue discussion about physical AC meeting
       on the mailing list
- ONGOING

0111-04 SEC: send pointers to IPv4 utilisation statistics to AC

0111-05 SEC: moderate list, double check why spam is sent to
        the list